Submission Deadline: Nov 26, 2020 | Location: Lagos, Edo, Delta State | Type: Expression of Interest
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) has been working with the Federal Government of Nigeria to provide Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) support to Nigerian migrants since 2002. Through information campaigns and outreach, IOM seeks to equip vulnerable migrants with the information they need to migrate safely and access assistance when necessary. IOM also aims to address the root causes of vulnerability to trafficking in persons through programming at the household, community, and structural levels.
Objectives of the Project
The overall objective of the assignment is:
- To conceive, produce, and perform effective community theatrical performances/acts in select cities to raise awareness on the dangers of irregular migration and alternatives to safe migration among potential migrants and their communities of origin.
- To provide information about the free confidential counselling and information available in certain centres and areas like the Migrant Resource Centre and other areas.
- Focusing on how to discourage irregular migration, reduce stigma & discrimination of returned migrants, and promoting social cohesion amongst migrants and their community members.
- To create opportunities for young talents to become great actors.
Required Qualifications and Experience of the Organization
The theatre service provider will have:
- Three (3) and above years of experience working in a similar field. Preference will be given to film makers who have experience in community theatre with a focus on migration and trafficking in persons related areas
- Experience in working with Government & International organizations the United Nations.
- Past experience in edutainment on Awareness Activities for at least 3 years.
- Local knowledge of the regions in Delta and Lagos states.
- Experience in communication for development and behavioural change communications
Inputs from IOM
- Allocate funds in instalment for performing the project activities
- Monitor the progress of the program and provide supportive supervision to the theatre provider for effective implementation of the project activities.
- Provide Information Education and Communication materials to theatre provider for publicity and promotion of theatre in select communities.
- Provide technical assistance to ensure quality on the overall implementation process, including the design of additional communication materials.
- Assist in coordination with other IOM partners for smooth intervention.
- Provide materials on safe migration pathways that will contribute to research and form the background of the script.
Expected outputs/results from the tasks of Service Providers:
- Increased awareness on the processes of safe and orderly migration in the target communities, achieved through dissemination of awareness‐raising messaging.
- Increased knowledge and understanding of safe migration amongst potential migrants, their families, religious and community leaders, and communities of origin.
- Extensive coverage of the community theatre shows in all the identified communities
- Increased knowledge level of the existing migration support groups and Migration Resource Centres (MRCs) and they are actively engaged to provide information to the potential migrants.
- Increase the interest of potential migrants for seeking information from the proper channels of migration.
- Increased interest of the young adults for getting familiarised with the dangers of Human Smuggling, trafficking of persons, irregular migration, and the benefit of using the safe and proper routes
Method of Application:
IOM invites experienced and interested theatre and film production companies with vast experience working in the areas of Migration and trafficking in persons to submit an Expression of Interest (EoI), along with requisite organizational documents and a cover letter in support of their application.
- The companies/service providers will be expected to submit their proposal as an EoI including videos and reference to past works and
- Each proposal should be developed by following per under the deliverables and responsibilities listed above.
- Each proposal shall incorporate a detailed program design, including background and context, methodology, and work plan.
- Provide a detailed financial cost, mentioning rates and unit costs, broken down by activities and deliverables. The estimated costs/amount is all‐inclusive.
- The organizational profile should include legal identity documents of the organization, programs and projects, past and current with short descriptions.
The completed EoI should be placed in a plain, sealed envelope and marked: EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Request for theatre services to IOM Nigeria, Lagos sub‐ Office by 26th November in the below address:
To Procurement Lagos
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Nigeria
1, Isaac John Street, GRA Ikeja, Lagos
Source: UN-IOM Tender Page