The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria is a semi-autonomous agency established in 1943 to collect tax on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Its vision is to deliver quality service to taxpayers in partnership with other stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development. Its mission is to operate an efficient and transparent tax system that optimizes tax revenue collection and voluntary compliance. The Service is desirous to continually protect the lives of its staff, property, stakeholders and to ensure the continuous functionality of the installed equipment has made budgetary provision in 2020 for the Engagement of competent Security and Safety equipment Maintenance Companies for FIRS offices Nation Wide in Package E, F&G – Key Management System, Fire Alarm Systems and Baggage Scanners, Walkthrough Metal Detectors, Handheld Metal Detector and Under Vehicle Search Mirrors. FIRS is hereby inviting eligible Service Providers to bid for the above named project in various under the following packages:
PACKAGE E: Maintenance of Key Management System (Lot 1-4):
LOT 1: HQ, AEOI Office Abuja & NORTH WEST
LOT 2: HQ, FCT & LAGOS MAINLAND
LOT 3: SOUTH WEST
LOT 4: SOUTH SOUTH/SOUTH EAST
PACKAGE F: Maintenance of Fire Alarm Systems (Lot 1-8):
LOT 1: HQ/FCT
LOT 2: LAGOS MAINLAND/ISLAND
LOT 3: SOUTH WEST
LOT 4: SOUTH EAST
LOT 5: SOUTH-SOUTH
LOT 6: NORTH WEST
LOT 7: NORTH CENTRAL
LOT 8: NORTH EAST
PACKAGE G: Maintenance of Baggage Scanners, Walkthrough Metal Detectors, Handheld Metal Detector and Under Vehicle Search Mirrors (Lot 1-8):
LOT 1: HQ/FCT
LOT 2: LAGOS MAINLAND/ISLAND
LOT 3: NORTH WEST
LOT 4: NORTH CENTRAL
LOT 5: NORTH EAST
LOT 6: SOUTH EAST
LOT 7: SOUTH WEST
LOT 8: SOUTH-SOUTH
The objective of this project is to provide full maintenance and repair services for security and safety systems with 24 hour call-back response.
2. Scope of Work
The Contractor shall provide all labour, materials, tools, parts, supplies, lubricants, equipment, transportation and supervision necessary to fulfill all requirements of the scope of work. All cost for consumables and parts for repair works required shall be provided by FIRS. The systems that require maintenance are as stated in paragraph 1 above.
Detailed scope of work is as stipulated in the tender document
3. Eligibility Criteria:
A prospective Vendor is eligible to bid for ONLYtwo (2) lots in two packages of his choice and for ease of administration, only those having business presence/resident in a region can participate for the Packages/Lots in that particular region. In specific terms, the following should be submitted in support of the application.
- Mandatory requirement
- Verifiable Certificate of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- The Current Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC – 2020 of the company).
- Evidence and certificate of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to Pensions and Social Security contribution in accordance with the provisions of the Pension Act; 2004, for year 2020
- Evidence and certificate of Compliance with Industrial ‘Damning Fund (ITF) Act, 2011, for year 2020.
- Evidence and certificate of Compliance with (NSITF) Act, 2011, 2020.
- Evidence of Registration on the BPP National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers for year 2.020.
- Evidence &Three years audited accounts.
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of FIRS or BPP is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the company/ firm and confirming that all information provided is true and correct in all particulars.
- Size of company, number of staff ( technicians and supervisors)
- Provide the name of senior level personnel for the project and who must have experience in managing similar Facilities Management service contracts.
- Members of proposed team for the FIRS must have experience in their particular area of responsibility.
- Experience in Performing Similar Work
- Attach evidence of Security and Safety equipment maintenance services (including offices, factories, schools etc.) in the last 5 years which (must be in the range of 2 minion Naira and over with award letters, completion certificates or payment certificates).
- Must have executed Security and Safety equipment Maintenance service for minimum of 3 years till year 2019 (attach pictures, address including client ref; completion certificates and evidence/ proof of payment etc.)
- Years of experience of the company in the Security and safety maintenance services (including offices, factories, schools or residential apartments etc) with proof of service handled.
- Quality control measures adopted by the company (evidence of availability of equipment and procedure/methodology).
- Equipment available for FIRS project (equipment must be relevant to security and safety equipment management services) they are to be verified during company visit.
- Financial Capability
- Proof of financial capital base of not less than 3 million Naira which can be accessed for initial funding of the services or letter from a credible bank
- Minimum of 3 million Naira turnover as reflected on tax clearance certificate.
4. Collection of Tender Documents.
Tender documents can be collected, after showing copy of Treasury Receipt, from FIRS Treasury Operations Office (TOO) as an evidence of payment of non- refundable fee of N2, 000.00, credited to FIRS Tender account with CBN via Remita from 20th October, 2020 to 1st December, 2020 (Except on weekends and public holidays) from the address stated below in paragraph 5.
5. Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective companies are required to submit their bid documents (hand delivery, NOT by courier). The Company shall enclose the original and each copy of the Technical and Financial Proposal in separate sealed envelopes, duly marking the envelopes as “TECHNICAL PROPOSAL” and “FINANCIAL PROPOSAL”, as appropriate.” These envelopes containing the Technical Proposal and Financial Proposal shall then be enclosed in one single envelope.
Please note vendors are not allowed to bid for more two (2) lots. Your submission should bear the vendor’s name and address on the reverse side and clearly marked “PROVISION OF INSTALLED SECURITY AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE IN FIRS OFFICES NATIONWIDE IN PACKAGE B, C & D SPECIFYING THE LOT YOU ARE BIDING FOR”. The Tender must be hand delivered on or before 12 noon on the 1st December and duly addressed to:
The Director, Procurement Department,
Federal Inland Revenue Service, Revenue House Annex III,
14, Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Way, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
6. Opening of Tender Documents;
Tender documents shall be opened immediately after the closure for submission of tender document at the address stated above.
- Submitting Tender documents does not commit FIRS to awarding contract to any firm,
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any firm,
- Tendering with false document is an offence which will lead to disqualification and prosecution.
For all enquiries, please contact us on 08074983355;
FIRS Tenders Board,
For; Executive chairman,
Federal Inland Revenue Service
Source: Daily Trust Newspaper